The best impact driver UK will help you drive the screws easily and fast. But today’s market is full of options. Some are great, while some can disappoint you.
To help you choose the most suitable product for your needs, we will share completed impact driver reviews UK, along with a helpful buying guide.
We consider the INGCO Brushless Impact Driver 20V Li-Ion Cordless Impact Driver as the top pick of impact drivers under £100. It wins our hearts for a powerful motor, along with many helpful features like Led light and metal hook.
Besides, under £200, we have the Dewalt DCF887D1 18V XR G2 Brushless 3 Speed Impact Driver, which is a great partner for your heavy-duty jobs.
Table of Contents
- What’s An Impact Driver?
- How To Choose The Best Impact Driver?
- Best Impact Driver Reviews UK 2024
- Best Impact Driver Under £100
- 1. INGCO Brushless Impact Driver – Best Overall
- 2. WORX WX291 Cordless Impact Driver – Best For Powerful Performance
- 3. Bosch Professional 06019A6901 Cordless Impact Driver – Best For Versability
- 4. Makita DTD152Z LXT Impact Driver – Best For Durability
- 5. Ryobi RID1801M One+ Impact Driver – Best For Lightweight Design
- Best Impact Driver Under £200
- 1. Dewalt DCF887D1 18V XR G2 Impact Driver – Best For Motor
- 2. Ryobi R18IDBL-0 ONE+ Impact Driver – Best For Efficiency
- 3. WESCO Brushless Impact Driver – Best For Operation
- 4. Makita DTD154Z Brushless Impact Driver – Runner-up For Smooth Operation
- 5. Makita DTL061Z Angle Impact Driver – Best For Versability
- Best Impact Driver Under £100
- Frequently Asked Questions
What’s An Impact Driver?
The impact driver is designed to drive or remove screws and bolts fast. It can deliver efficient unscrewing and screwing thanks to the higher torque than conventional drills and electric screwdrivers.
While the impact drivers can range from 120 Nm up to 220 Nm, the drills only deliver 25 Nm – 60 Nm in torque. So for heavy-duty jobs, the impact drivers will help you a lot to get the job done in less time.
Besides, the impact drivers are also ideal for driving a long screw into the timber with only one hand without causing wrist strain. This feature makes the impact driver a great partner in woodworking.
How To Choose The Best Impact Driver?
The following are some key factors you need to consider when buying the best impact driver UK.
Is It Better To Use A Corded Or Cordless Impact Driver?
Cordless ones operate very well due to their excellent battery capacity and long endurance, allowing you to utilise these wherever without the need of an electrical outlet or using an extension cable.
However, as with any power tool, if you need exceptional levels of power, then you may be better served by a corded version.
What Is The Recommended Voltage For The Impact Driver?
Most impact drivers with no cords are 18V or 12V, with some models increasing to 24V. Higher voltages generate more torque, but they also result in bigger batteries.
A lower model with much less torque would be easier to manoeuvre, whereas a more powerful one with more torque will be heavier and possibly exhausting. Thus, before selecting voltage to use, think about your requirements thoroughly.
Remember that most of the powerful measures aren’t necessarily the best option for every job.
You should search for the impact driver with varying power levels for greater control.
You can prevent damaging fasteners and materials by regulating the engine’s power settings. When working with materials that are damaged or pricey, this is critical. And coping with firmly stuck screws will save both time and hassle.
The measurement of a rotational force is torque. The amount of energy generated by the electrical motor is measured in Newton metres (Nm). The higher torque, the better it will be to work with hard materials and persistently lodged screws with the impact driver.
Batteries are something you should take into account when deciding to pick a cordless model. Batteries and chargers are not included with all wireless impact drivers. Many power equipment lines include batteries and can be used with a wide range of power equipment.
If you also have suitable batteries, buy a cordless model to save money. But if you plan to buy a product from another manufacturer, check twice the price of a charger and batteries before you buy.
Higher Ah (known as Ampere hour) batteries last longer and are more efficient on an individual charge than lesser Ah (or Ampere hour) batteries. On the negative side, they could be costly and are typically bigger and thicker.
If you are an experienced tradesperson or perform a bunch of DIY, you might want to get batteries with such a variety of Ah levels so that you can choose the right one for the job.
Motor With No Brushes
It’s a good way to invest some more and get equipment without a brush motor. Brushless motors are quieter, have higher speeds, and increased levels of torque. Thanks to their greatly reduced levels of friction, they also produce less heat and last longer.
The IPM (impacts measured per minute) speed indicates the number of times the internal hammer motor of your impact driver impacts your screw in a minute.
If you expect to screw into tough materials, then selecting a model with a higher maximum IPM rate will make your job go much faster and easier.
Best Impact Driver Reviews UK 2024
|34.9 x 19.8 x 10.1 cm
|32.29 x 26.8 x 11.7 cm
|Bosch Professional 06019A6901
|10 x 6 x 10 cm
|20.96 x 9.05 x 17.46 cm
|20.5 x 190 x 80 cm
|41.2 x 11.43 x 25.65 cm
|22.5 x 90 x 195 cm
|Brushless Impact Driver
|25.3 x 22.5 x 11.4 cm
|17 x 8.4 x 10.5 cm
|34.93 x 11.11 x 7.94 cm
Now we will dive into the best impact driver UK reviews, along with their pros and cons, for your consideration.
Best Impact Driver Under £100
We will start with the top 5 impact drivers under £100, ideal for those seeking affordable options to handle light-duty tasks.
1. INGCO Brushless Impact Driver – Best Overall
Our winner is the INGCO Brushless Impact Driver for its excellent performance in every aspect. It comes with a metal shell and larger ventilation holes than many other products. Thus, it can greatly accelerate the cooling efficiency.
With a lightweight body design of 3.12 kg in weight and 36 x 22.1 x 11 cm in size, this impact driver is an ideal option for daily use. Besides, the INGCO impact driver also features a brushless motor to bring powerful ability, longer lifetime, and less failure rate.
On top of that, there is a forward and reverse switch so that you can easily change its function conveniently. Additionally, we are also impressed with its two-speed regulation, torque up to 170N, and smart regulation.
All of these features significantly contribute to making the machine more functional. With a good light diffusion and LED working light, the impact driver can lighten more working areas.
Furthermore, you will love this best cheap impact driver UK as it comes with a metal hook so that you can hang it at the waist for aerial work. Adding to the convenience of this impact driver is the quick charging mechanism.
Accordingly, you only need to spend about one hour on a full charge. Besides, the charger and battery pack can be compatible with a wide variety of INGCO P20S products.
Some other accessories are included with the pack, including two batteries, a charger, three nut holders, a canvas bag, and two screwdriver bits.
On the downside, the forward and reverse switch sometimes does not work well.
- Sturdy metal shell
- Larger ventilation holes
- Accelerate the cooling efficiency well
- Lightweight body design
- Brushless motor to bring the powerful ability
- Two-speed regulation torque up to
- Good light diffusion and LED working light
- Metal hook to hang at the waist for aerial work
- Quick charging mechanism
- Unstable working forward and reverse switch
2. WORX WX291 Cordless Impact Driver – Best For Powerful Performance
The runner-up position belongs to the WORX WX291 Impact Driver. What we like about it is that it allows you to drive screws fast and easily. The machine can provide power of 2,600 RPM and 3,300 BPM (blows per minute).
Boasting the powerful motor of 20V, the impact driver can offer a strong repetitive rotational force in an impressive 170 Nm of torque. This figure means the torque can offer better turning power with no kickback or strain to your wrist. Thus, you will be able to use it for bigger bolts and screws and repetitive screw driving.
Though it comes with a compact design, it does feature a tough aluminium cover for high durability. Thus, you can rest assured it will stay with you for such an extended time.
Notably, there is a variable dual-speed control mechanism so that you can manage the WORX WX291 impact driver flexibly.
The impact driver is a great partner of energy for other power tools. It delivers optimal performance and lets you interchange the 20V cells with the WORX 20V tool with ease. That said, we found that the machine is quite noisy when operating.
- Compact design with the weight of only 2.92 kg
- Tough aluminium cover for high durability
- Drive screws fast and easily
- Offer a power of 2,600 RPM and 3,300 BPM
- Powerful motor of 20V with 170 Nm of torque
- Variable dual-speed control
- Offer a strong repetitive rotational force
- Fast change chuck with hex shank bits
- Noisy mechanism
3. Bosch Professional 06019A6901 Cordless Impact Driver – Best For Versability
The Bosch Professional 06019A6901 Impact Driver is one of the best versatile impact drivers available on today’s market. It is quite handy to have a separate driver and drill when doing projects, providing much less bit swapping.
Besides, it weighs only 0.96 kg with the shortest head length in the class of just 137 mm.
This Bosch Professional 06019A901 impact driver has a high torque of 105 Nm and a compact body of 10 x 6 x 10 cm, covering 80% of the normal cordless impact driver application size.
Plus, this compact impact driver provides a no-load speed of 2600 rpm with an impact rate of 3100 bpm, which can handle various projects.
Plus, this suggestion features optimum handling. Thus, you can use it when driving screws in tight and overhead places due to the short design, as mentioned above. You will also find it quite versatile when they are compatible with all Bosch tools in a similar voltage class.
We are also impressed with its ability to estimate vibration accurately and the times when it is turned off or runs. Accordingly, it can greatly lower vibration over the general working period.
But you might need to wear ear defenders as it is quite noisy like the runner-up.
- Compact design with the dimension of 10 x 6 x 10 cm
- Handy to have a separate driver and drill
- Provide the highest speed in the range
- No-load speed of 2600 rpm
- Impact rate of 3100 rpm
- Optimal handling for driving screws in tight places
- Ability to estimate the noise emissions and vibration accurately
4. Makita DTD152Z LXT Impact Driver – Best For Durability
The Makita DTD152Z LXT Impact Driver might be your answer if you want to seek a long-lasting impact driver. It features an exclusive extreme protection technology designed to enhance water and dust resistance during operation in tough conditions.
Even better, Makita also equipped the tool with a protection circuit feature for the batteries. This technology minimizes the damages caused by overcharging, overload current, or high temperature, ensuring the optimal durability for the batteries.
The driver can provide up to 2,900 rpm, 3,500 rpm, and a maximum torque of 165 Nm, enabling you to drive screws through tough materials with ease.
There is also a convenient one-touch hex chuck for fast bit changes. Plus, the impact also sports variable speed control by trigger and forward/reverse rotation, enhancing user convenience.
You will love this machine as it features bright dual LED lights to allow you to work in low-light conditions. Also, it boasts a metal gearbox for high durability and a soft grip built to maximise the thrust to the bit. Still, there is no included accessory coming with the tool like other products.
- Exclusive extreme protection technology for high resistance
- Compact design with the weight of 1 kg
- Provide up to 2,900 rpm and 3,500 rpm
- Convenient one-touch hex chuck for fast bit changes
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Forward/reverse rotation for convenience
- Bright dual LED lights to work in the low-light conditions
- Battery protection circuit
- No included accessory
5. Ryobi RID1801M One+ Impact Driver – Best For Lightweight Design
This option might be one of the most lightweight models on today’s market. It weighs only 735g in hand with the size of 20.5 x 19 x 8 cm, making it the best DIY impact driver UK to complete small and light-duty tasks at home. Plus, it stands out with high power for loosening and screwing larger bolts.
The Ryobi RID1801M ONE+ Impact Driver comes with up to three LED lights to improve your visibility when working in dark environments. There is also a keyless hex drive to allow you to have bit changes easily.
On top of that, it also comes with a socket adaptor for use on various applications with a wrench. The impact driver has a motor to offer up to 220 Nm of torque, even higher than other products. In other words, the device can drive long screws and nuts more easily.
There is a die-cast aluminium front-gear housing to protect components for enhanced durability. Plus, the impact driver features variable speed, brake, and reverse to allow you to manoeuvre the tool well.
We are also impressed with the Gripzone over mould technology to provide an easy and fast assembly with a comfortable, positive grip.
That said, we found that the magnetic force is not strong enough to thwart the bits falling off and sliding around, particularly when the device is used, and there is vibration.
- Lightweight design with the design of 735g
- High power for loosening and screwing larger bolts
- Three LED lights to work in the dark
- Keyless hex drive to allow you to have bit changes easily
- Socket adaptor for use on various applications
- A motor to offer up to 220 Nm of torque
- A die-cast aluminium front-gear housing
- Grip zone over mould technology for easy assembly
- Not strong magnetic force
So you have gone through our list of the best impact driver UK under £100. We recommend these products for those on a budget or DIY with light jobs.
If these models do not meet your needs and you can afford higher-end models, you can keep scrolling down for our next section.
Best Impact Driver Under £200
Following the first part is our review of the best impact driver under £200.
1. Dewalt DCF887D1 18V XR G2 Impact Driver – Best For Motor
The Dewalt DCF887D1 XR G2 Impact Driver deserves the title of the best impact driver for the motor. The model comes with a high-power motor with significantly efficient cooling.
With the three-motor speed, you can choose the correct power level to suit your project. There is also a precision drive mode to offer high control and precision. Thus, you can avoid screw damage and materials.
This impact driver can offer 3,800 rpm with 205 Nm of torque, an ideal figure for handling heavy-duty tasks. Moreover, there are three LED lights to provide visuality when working in dark conditions. The weight of 1.5 kg is quite lightweight to hold and control easily, compared to other products at the same price range.
The device is available in a complete unit with a 4Ah battery. Hence, you can take on heavy-duty and long work without worrying about power shortages. We also like this impact driver as it comes with a toolbox and charger, adding to its benefits.
However, the kit box seems to come with durability issues. We found that it’s easy to crack and break.
- High-power motor with significantly efficient cooling
- Three-motor speed to suit your project
- Offer high control and precision
- Provide 3,800 rpm with 205 Nm of torque
- Three LED lights to provide visuality
- Lightweight to hold and control easily
- Able for heavy-duty and long work
- Low-durability kit box
2. Ryobi R18IDBL-0 ONE+ Impact Driver – Best For Efficiency
The Ryobi R18IDBL-0 ONE+ Impact Driver features a brushless motor electronically controlled to optimise functioning efficiency. It can provide 40% more run time for every charge. Plus, the brushless motor can run cooler and last ten times longer than a brushed model.
What we also like about this impact driver is that it provides four pre-set power and speed levels. They can unlock new applications and 270 Nm of torque for quick screw drilling and driving.
There is also an AUTO speed reduction and deck drive soft start for the control. The device also has a socket adaptor to use on various applications with a wrench.
You will also love this impact driver as it features a frictionless motor, along with lithium+ battery technology and smart electronics. Accordingly, it can offer up to 20% more running time and power in a compact tool.
On top of that, this best brushless impact driver UK features a robust impact mechanism to provide five times more power than a Ryobi drill’s power. There are three power levels for numerous applications, from driving coach bolts and decking screws to fitting door hinges.
Even better, its DeckDrive mode makes the driving decking screw like a pie. This Ryobi R18IDBL-0 can also provide 284 screws/charge with a 2.5 Ah battery so that you can use it for long-lasting tasks.
That said, there are no accessories included with the unit.
- Brushless motor to provide 40% more run time
- Able to run cooler and last ten times longer than a brushed drill
- Offer four pre-set power and speed levels
- Unlock new applications and 270 Nm of torque
- AUTO speed reduction and deck drive soft start
- Socket adaptor to use on various applications
- Three power levels for numerous applications
- No accessories
3. WESCO Brushless Impact Driver – Best For Operation
We cannot forget to mention the WESCO Brushless Impact Driver on our list. The machine wins our hearts for its smooth operation. This device does not create electrical sparks when operating while the radio equipment interference is significantly reduced.
The impact driver also comes with cordless screwdrivers providing up to 50% more power, increasing operation time and service life by 80%. Besides, it features a copper wire motor that is quite powerful and durable with low maintenance cost.
This kind of engine features such advantages as low loss, low temperature rise, high efficiency, low vibration, and high reliability.
The impact driver delivers a maximum torque of 180 Nm with a maximum speed of 3200 rpm. Hence, it can be utilised for numerous kinds of work requiring high torque. With a quick-release chuck, you can change accessories with no extra tool.
Notably, this impact driver has up to 21 accessories and a two-gear shift. There is also a belt clip to help you attach the impact driver to the bag or belt.
This product also has a 2.0Ah battery and a quick charging charger to ensure long-time working life and quick charging when you are in need. Nevertheless, the product would be better if its trigger control were not that poor. It seems to go too fast and break bits or screws.
- Provide smooth operation
- Cordless screwdrivers providing up to 50% more power
- Increase operation time and service life by 80%
- Durable and powerful copper wire motor
- Provide maximum torque of 180 Nm
- Quick-release chuck
- Up to 21 accessories and two-gear shift
- Belt clip to help you attach the impact driver to the bag or belt
- Quick charging charger
- Poor trigger control
4. Makita DTD154Z Brushless Impact Driver – Runner-up For Smooth Operation
The Makita DTD154Z Brushless Impact Driver stands out with an automatic electronic controller to downshift and lower rotation and impact speed before driving the screws into place.
This product deserves the best cordless impact driver UK in terms of smooth operation, designed to minimise the screw thread damage, stripping, and breaking to work. This brushless motor removes carbon brushes, allowing it to run much more efficiently and cooler for extended life.
There is also a convenient touch sliding hex chuck for effortless bit installation and withdrawal. The impact driver lets you work in a modest space with a slim design of 17 x 8.4 x 10.5 cm.
Moreover, the Makita DTD154Z impact driver features a three-stage power selection, allowing you to opt from low, high, or medium settings to meet the proper power level requirement.
There is an integrated T-mode to help you save time when making tricky jobs carry out smoothly by lowering screw thread stripping. It is so efficient that you will not need pilot holes when doing screws into hardwood.
The driver also sports a one-touch sliding chuck for quick bit changes and soft-grip handles, making it quite easy to use and comfortable.
Featuring a variable speed trigger and an electric brake, the driver can have all the power and features you need while staying highly manageable and light at just about 1.0 kg.
However, if you choose this impact driver, you will not have batteries, carry case, or charger included.
- Automatic electronic controller for smoother operation
- Removes carbon brushes to run much more efficiently
- A slim design of 17 x 8.4 x 10.5 cm to work in a modest space
- Three-stage power selection to meet proper power level requirement
- One-touch sliding chuck for bit changes and soft-grip handles
- Variable speed trigger and an electric brake
- No case, charger, and battery included
5. Makita DTL061Z Angle Impact Driver – Best For Versability
The last pick is another product from the brand Makita – the DTL061Z Angle Impact Driver. This device is ideal for numerous applications, from kitchen cabinet installations to mechanical car repairs.
This impact driver comes with a compact 360-degree rotatable angled head, enabling operation from a perfect angle. It also works well in tight spaces, even beats the handy tools. It is quite comfortable to grip and simple to use.
On top of that, the Makita DTL061Z impact driver sports a big, conveniently placed paddle switch for high comfort when using. There is also LED job light to lighten in the dark, paired with a phosphorescent bumper to locate the tool in such a condition.
The driver also features a keyless single sleeve hex chuck for easy and quick bit changes. Moreover, it can provide a coarse thread screw of 22 – 75 mm. With the body made of aluminium, you can rest assured that it can stay with you for a long time.
But it has a four-pole motor and impact mechanism to produce only 60 Nm of torque, about 2,000 rpm – 3,000 rpm, while other products have a doubled torque level.
- Ideal for numerous applications
- Compact 360-degree rotatable angled head
- Work well in tight spaces
- Comfortable to grip and simple to use
- Big conveniently placed paddle switch for comfort
- LED job light to lighten when working
- Keyless single sleeve hex chuck for easy and quick bit changes
- Low torque
We have finished our top 5 best impact drivers UK under £200. At a higher price, these models come with better power and features. If the budget is not your matter, you can consider options in this group.
You can’t get the best impact driver UK for all purposes. As everything has pros and cons, you had better consider your demand and preference to choose the most suitable product for yourself.
In the range of under £100, you can consider the first pick – the INGCO Brushless Impact Driver for its excellent performance at an affordable price.
But if you have a less tight budget, you can go for the Dewalt DCF887D1 18V XR G2 Brushless 3 Speed Impact Driver for its power to handle heavy-duty tasks and the flexibility to be used in numerous applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Impact Driver Brand UK?
Below are some recommended impact driver brands UK you can consider:
Makita remains one of the famous brands of workshop tools, including impact drivers.
The brand pleases consumers throughout the years thanks to the high quality of its products, helping the consumers do their work well with its compact and ergonomically designed products.
We also suggested the three best Makita impact drivers above – the Makita DTD152Z, the Makita DTD154Z, and Makita DTL061Z at different price points. These impact drivers feature a lot of torque to help you drive screws quickly and efficiently.
Dewalt is a well-known household and home repairing device. The American manufacturer offers many tools in numerous ranges like impact drivers, anchors, power tools, etc. The best impact driver can help you create fast and easy screws for your projects.
They have a lot of torque with a powerful motor so that you can rest assured about the performance of the impact drivers from this brand.
You can consider the Dewalt DCF887D1 Impact Driver we mentioned above.
The Ryobi is a brand from Japan famous for its components for electronics, telecommunications, and automobiles industries. Besides, it also provides some household tools like impact drivers to consumers.
As a Japanese brand, it focuses on the quality of its products to provide a long product lifespan. In our list, we recommend the Ryobi R18IDBL-0 18V ONE+ Impact Driver and the Ryobi RID1801M One+ Impact Driver.
These impact drivers will not let you down when driving screws.
In short, all of the three manufacturers are great brands of impact drivers. But in our opinion, Dewalt is the best manufacturer since the products it offers can help drive screws well at an affordable price.
What Are Common Problems And Solutions?
When working with an impact driver, there are some issues arising. Below are some you should keep in mind.
Slow Running Impact Drivers
Your impact drivers have to work, but they do not run as you expected. Thus, you should know the reason behind it.
- Air compressor pressure: you should check if the tool takes enough airflow from its compressor. When there is not enough pressure, the impact drivers will not function properly. You have to make sure the tool’s air hose is precisely connected to the compressor.
- Grip and dust: After use, the dust and grip can stick to your tool, making it run slowly. So, to eliminate this issue, you should apply oil or cleaning agents to clean the tool thoroughly.
- Mechanical issue: Some parts of the impact drivers might be worn out, affecting the tool’s performance. You should check which parts are broken to replace them as soon as possible.
Insufficient Impact From Impact Drivers
Due to slow impact, the tool will not provide enough force to drive the screws. Hence, you should keep it in tip-top condition. It is best to check the regulators responsible for maximising the impact.
Moreover, you should check the settings to ensure you get the most impact. Then turn the regulators to the maximum. If your device serves you for a while, you had better evaluate the general condition. Throughout the years, the motor can get rusty.
Advice From Experts And User
We have compiled some advice from users and experts when using impact drivers for your consideration.
- When using, you had better wear a pair of ear protectors as they can create a quite noisy sound.
- Do not forget to wear goggles, as you will not know when screw heads probably shatter or flakes shear off.
- If the impact drivers have torque settings, it is best to look at the manual to choose the most suitable one.
- Remember to hold the impact drivers firm and steady since they can both percuss and rotate.
What Are The Types Of Impact Drivers?
As mentioned, there are corded and cordless variations of impact drivers. You can choose the best fit based on your needs and our buying guide above.
Can You Use Impact Drivers As Drills?
Yes, you can. Impact drivers are totally fine for drilling. With that being said, some impact drivers are not meant for drilling into masonry or precision drilling.
So that’s all about our best impact driver reviews UK. In short, before making a buying decision, it is best to consider the key factors mentioned in the buying guide and your real demand.
If you are still struggling to choose the best impact driver UK for you, you can consider the INGCO Brushless Impact Driver – the best budget impact driver UK under £100 and the Dewalt DCF887D1 Impact Driver under £200.
We are pretty sure they are great partners in helping you have precise and fast driving screws. Anyway, we hope our article is helpful for you. Thank you for reading!