Cleaning is a necessary process for maintaining any household appliances. However, this process can be simple or complicated depending on the dimension of the object, the thickness of the dirt or stains, and the cleaning tools.
We all know that a deep clean for household furniture, transportations and patios can last for hours with a water hose and brushes. Therefore, an electric pressure washer is the right tool for these heavy works.
With its specific function, electric pressure washer is a versatile product which can finish any major tasks for you and give you less cleaning time.
Having a powerful cleaning tool as an electric pressure washer requires certain knowledge beforehand. Therefore, let’s find out our simple guide on how to use an electric pressure washer in this article.
Table of Contents
How To Use An Electric Pressure Washer?
Electric pressure washer is great for cleaning heavy-duty tasks. With a spray of high-pressure water, any stubborn dirt or debris will be gone right away.
Sounds great! But how can you use it?
Here are simple steps for you to get electric pressure washer ready for cleaning:
Connect your hosepipe with a water supply and the coupling of the machine. It is advisory that the hosepipe length should be 7.5 meters to prevent pressure drop.
Make sure that the power switch is off. Then plug the core to a socket to provide power to the machine.
Put together the spray gun to the high-pressure hose. Then, attach the hose to the high-pressure outlet.
Turn on the water supply and pull the trigger of the spray gun. If the water flows naturally, it is time to clean some dirt!
When using an electric pressure washer, you can change the strength of water flow by attaching accessories to the spray gun.
There are two modes that you can change:
This mode is great for cleaning building work such as patios, windows, furniture or swooping any trash in the garden.
In order to activate this mode, you need to attach the spray lance and dirt blaster to the spray gun. Ensure the space between the nozzle and the object is 30 centimetres before aiming the lance toward the object. Finally, switch on the pressure washer to release the water jet.
At this mode, you can apply on complex surfaces such as vehicles, garden tools, furniture and barbecues. You don’t need any accessories for this mode.
It is also great to add detergent and washing brushes while cleaning in low-pressure mode.
Tips for Using Your Electric Pressure Washer
It is clear that an electric pressure washer can be a great help for your cleaning tasks. However, as any machine, a pressure washer needs to be maintained and used properly.
While in usage:
- It is not recommended to operate when young children and third person within reach of the tool. The high-pressure water can injure and leave red marks on the skin if it hits.
- The high-pressure water jet is dangerous to people, animals and electrical equipment. It can also damage vehicle tyres which can lead to tyres burst.
- The high-pressure hose shouldn’t be run across by vehicles or dragged across sharp surfaces. These actions can cause ballooning and damage the hose when in usage.
- You need to check inside the nozzle to see if it is blocked with dirt or debris. Releasing pressure water in a clogged nozzle can seriously damage your machine. Thus, you need to remove the dirt before with a needle and rinse through water.
- After usage with detergent, make sure that you rinse the machine with fresh water to remove any bleach left.
Cleaning process sometimes can be time-consuming if you don’t have the right equipment. While kitchen stains, microwave and bathroom dirty spots can be erased with detergent and brushes, heavy equipment such as vehicles, window patios, and garden furniture needs a stronger cleaning tool.
That’s why electric pressure washers can offer you a perfect deep clean by releasing a strong, pressured water to the dirty surface. Knowing how to use an electric pressure washer helps you finish major tasks easier, quicker and more efficient.